Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Should I be worried the weight is coming off too fast?

It doesn't seem possible, but it's true.  Today it took a calendar to figure out how far into the Partners for a Healthier Weight program I am.  Nineteen days on the program, 12 days on the liquid diet.  That's 7% done the liquid only phase.

This may come back to haunt me, but right now, it's not that hard.  There's a lot of stress involved in deciding what to eat, when to eat, when to prepare the food.  Opening up a package of powder and mixing it with ice and water is easy.  And knowing there's no decisions is eliminating a lot of the worry that goes into my normal eating habits.

What have I noticed after nineteen days?

Most of my pants are too big.  Unusual for me, but my bra size is holding steady.  The inches seem to be coming off my butt, thighs, hips and the area you work out as the obliques.  Spanx are still exercise to put on.  The stubborn above the belly button fat that usually shrinks with diet and exercise isn't budging.

I am tired.  There's a bit of brain fog.  It's difficult doing exercise that used to be easy.  My 2x10&1 run was a flop on Sunday.  Today walking to the car seemed like an effort.

Oh yes, and it's not easy to get blood work done in the HRM during the afternoon.

To me, my weight is coming off a bit too quickly. I am concerned that I'm losing muscle mass.  Including the time on 1200 calories and OptiFast 900, it's been about 12 lbs lost in 19 days.  My exercise is scaled back already and I'm following the plan exactly, so I notified the team in Halifax about my concerns.  Sounds like they'll have questions next time they see me. But they're not worried.

Next steps:

  1. Wake up every morning and stay on plan for the day.
  2. Make sure the team is ok with the weight loss.
  3. As my current exercise program ends, replace it with one focused on building muscle probably at the Sackville Sports Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment